Keep your movement alive!
Occupational and Physical Therapy Treatment for Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
LSVT BIG® will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve your quality of life!
Research on LSVT BIG® has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with Parkinson's disease following treatment. Improvements include:
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance
- Increased trunk rotation
LSVT BIG® is a standardized treatment protocol, delivered only by LSVT BIG® Certified Clinicians.
LSVT BIG® will help you establish LIFE-LONG HABITS of improved movement, including:
- Training a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Driving intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaching the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translating bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
- Empowering people with their potential to improve
LSVT BIG® is an intensive program consisting of 16 sessions, 4 days per week for 4 weeks.
- Individual one hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carry over exercises